The Sonic 2024 is the world’s first proven wideband high resolution shallow water multi beam echo sounder. With proven results and unmatched performance, the Sonic 2024 produces reliable and remarkably clean data with maximum user flexibility through all range settings to 500m. The unprecedented 60 kHz signal bandwidth offers twice the resolution of any other commercial sonar in both data accuracy and image. With over 20 selectable operating frequencies to chose from 200 to 400 kHz, the user has unparalleled flexibility in trading off resolution and range and controlling interference from other active acoustic systems.
In addition to selectable operating frequencies, the Sonic 2024 provides variable swath coverage selections from 10° to 160° as well as ability to rotate the swath sector. Both the frequency and swath coverage may be selected ‘on-the-fly’, in real-time during survey operations. Spec Sheet version 3.2 February 2010. Subject to change without notice The Sonar consists of the three major components: a compact and lightweight projector, a receiver and a small dry-side Sonar Interface Module (SIM). Third party auxiliary sensors are connected to the SIM. Sonar data is tagged with GPS time.
The sonar operation is controlled from a graphical user interface on a PC or laptop which is typically equipped with navigation, data collection and storage applications software.
The operator sets the sonar parameters in the sonar control window, while depth, imagery and other sensor data are captured and displayed by the applications software. Commands are transmitted through an Ethernet interface to the Sonar Interface Module. The Sonar Interface Module supplies power to the sonar heads, synchronizes multiple heads, time tags sensor data, and relays data to the applications workstation and commands to the sonar head. The receiver head decodes the sonar commands, triggers the transmit pulse, receives, amplifies, beam forms, bottom detects, packages and transmits the data through the Sonar Interface Module via Ethernet to the control PC.
The compact size, low weight, low power consumption of 50W and elimination of separate topside processors make Sonic 2024 very well suited for small survey vessel or ROV/AUV operations.
- Bathymetry with optional TruePix™ Backscatter, Raw Water Column and Forward Looking Sonar imagery.
- Over 20x User Selectable Frequencies from 200 to 400kHz, selectable on the fly, in real-time during survey operations.
- Optional 700kHz operation with 0.3° x 0.6° beamwidths.
Highest Resolution & Accuracy
- Focused 0.5° x 1° beamwidths
- 60kHz Signal Bandwidth over entire frequency range.
- True Range Resolution of 1.25 cm, all frequencies.
- Selectable swath coverage from 10° to 160°, selectable on the fly, in real-time during survey operations.
- 1 to 500m range.
Ease of Operation
- Embedded signal processor and Controller.
- Sonar user interface from Survey application software PC.
- Low weight, volume & power consumption (less than 50 Watts).
- Latest Advanced Technology.
- Industry leading 3-year limited warranty.
- Value priced
- Trade-in rebate for older technology systems.
CONTACT General sales enquiries
+47 52 81 47 60 (24 hour)