Datawell Waverider Mk3 System
The Directional Waverider hardly needs any introduction: it is the world’s standard for measuring wave height and wave direction. Its success is due to the proprietary well-proven and accurate Datawell stabilized platform sensor, enabling wave height measurements by a single accelerometer. For the wave direction, direct pitch and roll measurements are performed needing no integration. In combination with horizontal accelerometers and a compass this forms the complete sensor unit, the heart of the instrument.
RX – C Receiver
The RX-C is a dedicated HF link receiver that supports all Datawell Waverider buoys fitted with the standard HF transmitter.
In the RX-C, a programmable digital frequency synthesizer makes it possible to manually select the reception frequency in 100 Hz steps.
This allows reception of any frequency between 25.5 and 35.5 MHz by the touch of a button.
RX – D Receiver
The RX-D is a dedicated HF link receiver that supports all Datawell Waverider buoys fitted with the standard HF transmitter.
The RX-D is tuned to a single frequency by a crystal. The crystal can be custom made to allow reception of any frequency between 25.5 and 35.5 MHz. The receiver is normally tuned at the factory but can be retuned later by Datawell to allow reception of other frequencies.
The RX-D is especially designed for single buoy applications or for use on fixed receiving locations where the reception frequency does not have to be changed often.
Other Use Cases
- Survey and Inspection ROV Environmental Sensors
- Real time measurement of wave height with half hourly heave and directional spectra updates.
- HF link up to 50 km over sea. The proprietary Datawell HF link module is easy replaceable if a different transmission frequency is required.
- LED flash light integrated in the top of the antenna increasing the buoy’s visibility.
- GPS receiver for buoy positioning has now become a standard feature of the DWR-MkIII, and facilitates its retrieval.
- Integrated data logger based on the latest flash card technology.
- A water temperature sensor in the mooring eye providing sea surface temperature
- High capacity primary cells operating reliably and safely under all wave conditions and weather circumstances for up to three years without replacement.
- Built-in energy meter reports an accurate estimation of the remaining operating life.
CONTACT General sales enquiries
+47 52 81 47 60 (24 hour)