Sonardyne Syrinx DVL
Syrinx is a 600 kHz Doppler Velocity Log (DVL) for surface and subsea vehicles.
It combines the high altitude, high resolution features of 300 kHz and 1200 kHz DVLs in a single, easy to install navigation instrument. The adaptive bottom lock technology inside Syrinx provides consistency and reliability over challenging and changing topography and works at an altitude higher than 85% of the world’s subsea infrastructure. This reduces the amount of time a vehicle has to dive on free inertial.Syrinx can be used as a standalone DVL, as part of an integrated system, or perform both functions at once due to concurrent Ethernet and serial outputs, capable of ping rates of up to 25 Hz. Its dual capability means that only one DVL/altitude sensor is required for both ROV control and Survey crews, saving on cost and vehicle payload space.
The unit runs an embedded DVL Manager using a web browser, eliminating the need to install dedicated PC software. This allows Syrinx to be configured and tested prior to deployment, and then during subsea operations, controlled and navigation data is easily visualised. The hardware and vehicle interfacing has been designed to be easy to install, set up and use and is compatible with DVL mounting arrangements from third parties.
• Class leading 600 kHz DVL combining the benefits of 300 and 1200 kHz instruments in one
• Reliable adaptive bottom lock
• Capsule case design built around field proven USBL array capsules developed over last 30 years
• Concurrent Ethernet and serial connectivity
• Individually replaceable transducers
• On-board DVL Manager web interface for configuration and diagnostics
• Standard 4000 m titanium housing for Work Class ROVs
• Full linear signal processing
• Up to 25 Hz ping rate
• 0.4 to 175 m operation range
• Tight integration to Sonardyne SPRINT INS, providing unmatched DVL aided navigation even in challenging bottom lock conditions
• Internal bulkhead prevents water ingress if a transducer is damaged