Sonardyne Compatt 6
The Compatt 6 transponder is fully compatible with all 6G® equipment and Sonardyne’s latest 6G® LBL and USBL systems.
Compatt 6 offers significant time saving using faster and more robust Sonardyne Wideband®2 acoustic ranging and telemetry protocols. This makes any system operating with Compatt 6 significantly easier to operate therefore de-risking operations, reducing vessel time and reducing training requirements for offshore personnel.
Sonardyne Wideband®2 advanced signal processing offers improved acoustic performance in challenging conditions, longer range, improved multipath rejection around structures and real-time range diagnostics for quality control. Sonardyne Wideband®2 also reduces the interference to and from adjacent Sonardyne and other acoustic positioning systems.
Compatt 6 is fully compatible with all 6G® equipment and Sonardyne latest 6G® LBL and USBL systems.
The integrated communications and navigation technology allows the transponder to be used as a multi-purpose modem, autonomous data logger and navigation reference transponder.
The Type 8300 Compatt 6 is the standard length version and is based on the field proven mechanics of Compatt 5 with improvements to the end cap closure mechanisms. The design offers the perfect balance between size, acoustic output and battery life. Several depth ratings are available; 3000 m, 5000 m and 7000 m, all hard anodised aluminium alloy with protective polyurethane sleeve. Mini, Midi and Maxi (long endurance) options are also available.
- Incorporates Sonardyne’s 6G® Technology
- MF frequency band utilising Sonardyne Wideband;reg;2 ranging and telemetry protocols
- Dramatically faster and easier to set-up, calibrate and operate
- More robust performance in shallow water and reverberant environments around structures etc
- Real time diagnostics available on ranges to enable quality control
- Reduced mutual interference to further improve simultaneous ops
- Advanced multi-user/multi-vessel capability
- More than 500 unique Sonardyne Wideband®1 and 2 addresses
- Sonardyne Wideband®1 and HPR400 navigation compatible
- Automatic power-down if not used for a programmable period
- Integrated modem mode with data rates ranging from 100 to 9000 bits per second in multiple frequency bands
- Highly reliable release mechanism
- Omni or directional transducer
- Standard sensors – temperature, pressure and MEMS inclinometer
- Optional sensors – Paroscientific DigiQuartz pressure sensor, inclinometer and sound velocity
- Field proven